3 cups Früzo blueberries
5 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons sugar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
220 grams flour
110 grams cold butter
3 tablespoons cold water
Extra sugar for dusting
1 egg for egg wash [egg id=”1″]
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a bowl rub cold butter into flour to create a crumb texture.
- Add cold water and slowly combine together to create dough (don’t over work the dough).
- Cling wrap dough and let it rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- In a bowl mix together cornstarch, sugar and lemon to combine. Toss blueberries in the mixture to coat evenly.
- Roll out pastry dough into a circle (1cm thick).
- Place the blueberry mixture in center of the pastry. Leave at least a 5cm boarder.
- Fold pastry inwards until the center of the blueberry shows.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle pastry with sugar.
- Bake for 45 min or until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Side note: you can divide pastry into 6 and make individual galettes.
- [egg id=”1″]